Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1Forming nouns denoting an action.‘leverage’‘voyage’
- 1.1Forming nouns denoting the product of an action.‘spillage’‘wreckage’
- 1.2Forming nouns denoting a function or sphere of action.‘homage’‘peerage’
- 1.1Forming nouns denoting the product of an action.
2Forming nouns denoting denoting an aggregate or number of.‘mileage’‘percentage’
- 2.1Forming nouns denoting fees payable for or the cost of using.‘postage’‘tonnage’
- 2.2informal Forming nouns denoting a large number of something (typically forming nouns whose plurals are correctly formed with -s)‘decibelage’‘kissage’
- 2.1Forming nouns denoting fees payable for or the cost of using.
3Forming nouns denoting a place or abode.‘vicarage’‘village’
From Old French, based on Latin -aticum, neuter form of the adjectival ending -aticus.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips