1(North American ABCs)The alphabet.
- ‘millions of children every year learn how to say their ABC’
- 1.1An alphabetical guide.
- ‘an ABC of British locomotives’
2(North American ABCs)The rudiments of a subject.
basic principles, basics, fundamentals, elements, essentials, first principles
- ‘the business had been learning the ABC of its trade’
- as easy as ABC
Extremely easy or straightforward.‘economics can be as simple as ABC’
- ‘To them, preventing HIV infection is as simple as ABC - A for Abstinence, B for Being faithful and C for Condoms.’
- ‘The dazzler was John, for whom kindness and consideration towards his customers in the restaurant is as easy as ABC.’
- ‘‘If life was as simple as ABC or 123, there wouldn't be that frown on your face,’ an unfamiliar voice sounded behind her.’
- ‘Signals are as easy as ABC for the trader with the right tools and know-how.’
- ‘The campaign won't be as easy as ABC for the youngsters, but he is determined to put them at their ease.’
- ‘With our new guide, CPU overclocking will be as easy as ABC!’
- ‘Being a woman and staying healthy is not, it turns out, as easy as ABC.’
- ‘The website makes comparing and switching as easy as ABC.’
- ‘She says teaching children to read is as easy as ABC.’
- ‘The pop quiz was as simple as ABC.’
1American Broadcasting Company.
2Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
An American-born person of Chinese descent.
- ‘like many ABCs, his identity is a tapestry’
Relating to or denoting American-born people of Chinese descent.
- ‘some ABC parents send their children to Chinese language schools’
1970s from the initial letters of American-born Chinese.