Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1The quality of being able to be reached or entered.
ease of access, availability, approachability, obtainabilityView synonyms
- ‘the restoration project involved repairing the roof and improving accessibility’
- 1.1The quality of being easy to obtain or use.
- ‘students were concerned about the accessibility of quality academic counselling’
- 1.2The quality of being easily understood or appreciated.
comprehensibility, intelligibility, understandability, penetrability, approachabilityView synonyms
- ‘the accessibility of his work helped to popularize modern art’
- 1.3The quality of being easily reached, entered, or used by people who have a disability.‘many architects believe that accommodating wheelchairs is all there is to providing accessibility’
- ‘Persons with disabilities faced accessibility difficulties at certain polling sites.’
- ‘We are currently exploring the improvement of IT accessibility for disabled people.’
- ‘Development proposals will be refused unless the facility is relocated to other appropriate premises with equal accessibility.’
- ‘Accessibility for disabled users and accessibility for diverse methods of browsing the web are connected issues.’
- ‘For existing disabled staff, we have discussed accessibility requirements on an individual basis and agreed on provision of facilities.’
- ‘The board gave the city until December 1 to fix problems with the library's accessibility to people with disabilities.’
- ‘The state received anonymous complaints about accessibility, relating to the building's ramp and parking spaces.’
- ‘The library is now compliant with federal accessibility standards, incorporating ramps, automatic doors, and an elevator.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips