Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A female administrator of an estate.
- ‘The administratrix testified about gifts made or not made by John to his children before his death as follows.’
- ‘He subsequently died and his mother continued his proceedings for medical negligence as administratrix of his estate.’
- ‘The administratrices had not obtained a grant of administration by the time the action started.’
- ‘The three sons of Mr Lionel Smith, whose administratrix is the respondent, were the beneficiaries.’
- ‘We do, however, think that the particular case of the widow / administratrix illustrates a potential defect in the current law and that it should be remedied.’
Mid 16th century Latin, feminine of administrator(see administrator).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips