Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A liqueur made with eggs, sugar, and brandy.
- ‘So I asked for the only drink I knew: advocaat and cherry brandy.’
- ‘I bought a bottle of advocaat today for Christmas.’
- ‘I also got some advocaat toffees and I like those too.’
- ‘They drank the advocaat, and nothing happened.’
- ‘We remained thankful however that the seal on the advocaat remained intact.’
1930s from Dutch, literally ‘advocate’ (being originally considered a lawyer's drink).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips