Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Relating to medicine or physicians.
- ‘The perils of Aesculapian authority include self-fulfilling prophecies and the consequences of miscommunication.’
- ‘The information on the Aesculapian order is thin and really advances very little.’
- ‘My profession tends to be less comfortable with Aesculapian authority than medical doctors.’
- ‘Since 1975, the Aesculapian Awards are presented by medical students in the College of Medicine.’
- ‘To the Executive Committee are responsible the Aesculapian Society and other elected or appointed committees of medical students.’
Late 16th century from LatinAesculapius, the name of the Roman god of medicine, + -ian.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips