Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A bearing in which moving surfaces are kept apart by a layer of air provided by jets.
- ‘With an air bearing, frictional drag is lessened, bearing life increased, and higher shaft speeds are possible.’
- ‘An integrated air bearing lessens friction in the moving parts.’
- ‘The counter mass, which floats on air bearings, is attached to a linear motor guide.’
- ‘This was a far cry from an earlier design in which the pilot sat in the center of the craft while a giant ring rotor, supported by air bearings, rotated around the outside.’
- ‘Its units rotate on air bearings and hence require no lubricating oil; maintenance costs are also said to be lower as a result.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips