Denoting a sauce for pasta incorporating butter, cream, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.postpositive ‘fettuccine Alfredo’
- ‘Barilla's other tip: Try a white cream sauce like Alfredo on your fatty pasta.’
- ‘You'll use the technique for making this sauce over and over, for everything from mac 'n' cheese to Alfredo sauce.’
- ‘It seems crazy to refer to Buffalo wings, steak swimming in Alfredo sauce, and bunless double cheeseburgers as ‘diet food.’’
- ‘That's what we called Fettuccine Alfredo in our 1994 study of Italian restaurants.’
- ‘Then, of course, there are the ones rushing to your rescue with a bowl of spaghetti Alfredo.’
Named after Alfredo di Lelio, the Italian chef and restaurateur who invented the sauce.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips