Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Energy fuelled in ways that do not use up the earth's natural resources or otherwise harm the environment, especially by avoiding the use of fossil fuels or nuclear power.
- ‘Any serious attempt to shift from fossil fuels to alternative energy demands greater national and global efforts.’
- ‘We should pursue all viable alternative energy sources, from nuclear power to solar to geothermal.’
- ‘While we're on the subject of costs, consider that the cheapest and safest form of alternative energy is - using less.’
- ‘This technology is no cure all, but it would at least give the world a chance and the requisite breathing space to further develop alternative energy sources.’
- ‘Naturally, for alternative energy to be useful, it must be boundless, renewable, and not take away anything from the environment.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips