Relating to or characterized by a strong emotional dependence on another or others.‘anaclitic depression’
- ‘This comes in addition to other expressions that existed beforehand, such as anaclitic depression, thoughts and fears about death.’
- ‘Out of this process, the breakdown of the anaclitic identification with the mother, the ego emerges.’
- ‘Men tended to utilize the anaclitic choice, Freud thought, and women tend toward the narcissistic.’
- ‘In contrast, anaclitic patients are overly focused on relationship issues such as intimacy, trust, and sexuality.’
- ‘The anaclitic reaction was carried on in later adult life and was characterized by an inability to show love or emotions in their social relationships.’
1920s from Greek anaklitos ‘for reclining’, from anaklinein ‘recline’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips