Relating to or denoting the current geological age, viewed as the period during which human activity has been the dominant influence on climate and the environment.‘we've become a major force of nature in this new Anthropocene epoch’
- ‘The idea that we have already entered an Anthropocene Era exaggerates our impact on the Earth.’
- ‘Human impact on climate has made this the "Anthropocene Age."’
- ‘The Earth has entered the so-called Anthropocene Erathe geological era in which humans are a significant and sometimes dominating environmental force.’
- ‘Well, if we bring extinction events closer to home, there is our very own omnipresent, continually unfolding, late Holocene (or early Anthropocene, according to some) extinction event.’
- ‘In the Anthropocene era, freshwater will be in different places where it exists at all.’
The current geological age, viewed as the period during which human activity has been the dominant influence on climate and the environment.
- ‘some geologists argue that the Anthropocene began with the Industrial Revolution’