Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1A person who evaluates the quality of a person or thing.
- ‘the assessor interviews the candidates and observes them actually using the language’
- 1.1A person who calculates or estimates the price or value of something.‘loss assessors were beginning to get an idea of the extent of the damage’
- ‘the county tax assessor had reported separate valuations for the buildings and the land’
- 1.2A person who is knowledgeable in a particular field and is called upon for advice, typically by a judge or committee of inquiry.
- ‘the expert assessor recommended that the applicant have sole custody’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips