Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1Having been reduced in force, effect, or value.
weakened, reduced, lessened, decreased, diminished, impaired, enervatedView synonyms
- ‘it appears likely that the courts will be given an attenuated role in the enforcement of these decisions’
- 1.1(of a signal, electric current, or other oscillation) reduced in amplitude.
- ‘weak or attenuated signals’
- 1.2(of a pathogenic organism) reduced in virulence, especially for use as a vaccine.
- ‘attenuated strains of rabies virus’
2Thin or reduced in thickness.‘his attenuated fingers’
thin, slender, slim, skinny, spindly, bony, gaunt, skeletalView synonyms
- ‘Giacometti's attenuated figures of the human form’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips