Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Relating to or characteristic of Austria or its people.
- ‘Her main interest lies in revealing the paradox in this critique of Austrian culture.’
- ‘He received a commission by the Austrian government to decorate the Austrian pavilion for the 1900 World's Fair in Paris.’
- ‘Several legumes have been tried, with Austrian winter peas among the most promising.’
- ‘These Austrian economists were ridiculed by for even mentioning that gold might reach the absurdly high price of $70 an ounce.’
- ‘His bibliography is a long list from Austrian archives, and the few published works are almost all in German or Austrian.’
A native or inhabitant of Austria, or a person of Austrian descent.
- ‘A native Austrian, he took his place as a representative of the Austrian school of economics.’
- ‘In the subsequent war, however, the Austrians were victorious.’
- ‘Austrians of his privileged generation, he feels, have no right to judge their forebears.’
- ‘It is not a view most Austrians are eager to have associated with their country.’
- ‘Most Austrians and many other Europeans abhor capital punishment as cruel and inhumane.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips