Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1Rotation of an object caused by the flow of moving air or water around the shape of the object (e.g. a winged seed).
- 1.1Autorotation in the rotor blades of a helicopter that is descending without engine power.‘I entered autorotation, jettisoned the external load and landed the aircraft.’
- ‘Unless the crew had the presence of mind to close both throttles at the instant of autorotation, an asymmetric thrust condition would have made an inverted spin even more unstable.’
- ‘The two were reportedly practicing high-altitude autorotations at 6,000 ft near the northern Italian air force base at Rimini.’
- ‘I feel that there are several factors that could have contributed to the initial autorotation.’
- ‘Later in the flight we were planning to perform practice autorotations and single-engine HODGE maneuvers, where the extra weight may have proven disastrous.’
- ‘I then checked our operational weight and confirmed we were safe for the practice autorotations.’
- ‘The bottom line is I made a series of poor choices and overestimated my ability to recognize, react, and recover from a poor autorotation flown by my copilot.’
- 1.1Autorotation in the rotor blades of a helicopter that is descending without engine power.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips