Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1archaic Beneficent or kindly.
- ‘From this point of view the milk can be considered as a benefic treatment to fix the problem responsible with the acid reflux.’
- 1.1Astrology Relating to or denoting the planets Jupiter and Venus, traditionally considered to have a favourable influence.‘Venus is a benefic planet; the friendly sextile between the beginning of Leo and the cusps of her signs again preserve the astronomical relationship between Venus and the Sun by keeping them within the distance of two signs.’
- ‘But if a benefic planet, that is, Venus or Jupiter, is in favourable aspect to Saturn thus located by night, those things which were denied will be given in another way.’
- ‘Unlike Jupiter that we call a benefic planet, Mars is said to be a malefic.’
- ‘The great benefic planet Jupiter's move into your fifth solar house this week will generate an immensely powerful vibration, heralding a month of sensual pleasure.’
- ‘Here the benefic Jupiter and malefic Mars symbolize the constructive and destructive principles which are both vital parts of the universe, and which are transcended in the Sun.’
- ‘Generous, benefic Jupiter rejoices in the 11 th house of ‘good fortune, benefactors and friends’ and when placed there it can be considered particularly strong.’
- ‘Although there were decidedly violent aspects to this ancient goddess. she was generally a benevolent figure who possessed most of the fortunate qualities now associated with Venus, the lesser benefic.’
- ‘In third house, there should be benefic planets.’
- ‘It is much better to have a benefic dominating a malefic - thereby reducing its power to destroy - than it is to have a malefic overpowering a benefic.’
- ‘If Saturn is benefic or neutral, then opportunities arise for learning in a milder fashion.’
- ‘It is treated as a benefic and generally considered as a significator of good fortune when well placed or favourably aspected.’
Early 17th century from Latin beneficus, from bene facere ‘do good (to)’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips