Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
nouninformal, derogatory Australian
(in Queensland) an uncouth or unsophisticated person, regarded as being of low social status.
lout, boor, oaf, clown, churl, yokel, bumpkin, country bumpkin, village idiot, provincial, barbarian
- ‘I instantly think someone is a bevan if I see them spitting’
- ‘For me, there's a distinction between bogans and bevans.’
- ‘Bevans are generally more focussed on motorsports.’
- ‘He decided it was a total bevan-style piece of rubbish.’
- ‘A group of Bevans has been seen around Browns Plains.’
1980s of unknown origin.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips