Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An insect-borne viral disease of sheep (transmissible with less serious effects to cattle and goats), characterized by fever, lameness, and a blue, swollen mouth and tongue.
- ‘C. sonorensis are known to be disease carriers, or vectors, that transmit bluetongue and epizootic hemorrhagic viruses among livestock and wildlife.’
- ‘Outbreaks of bluetongue disease, a viral disease of sheep, have been reported in Bulgaria and Sardinia, locations where the disease was previously unknown.’
- ‘A doctor from the Institute for Animal Health said: ‘This year the bluetongue virus reached Sardinia, Sicily, Corsica and mainland Italy for the first time.’’
- ‘In August 2006, Dutch authorities reported the first ever case of bluetongue in Northern Europe.’
- ‘The first case of "bluetongue" disease has been detected in France, the French Agriculture Ministry said on Thursday.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips