Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A video game facility which enables users to avoid detection when playing at work by displaying a spreadsheet or other fake display when a certain key is pressed.
- ‘The boss key also comes in handy since the system requirements aren't high and playing a game or two during the course of the work day is easy.’
- ‘In the old days boss keys would put up a fake spreadsheet or something’
- ‘In a real panic situation finding the boss key can be difficult.’
- ‘This was a fairly common feature in early computer games for personal computers, when most boss keys were used to show dummy DOS prompts.’
- ‘If your employer is stupid enough to be fooled by employees using boss keys to evade personal web use detection, then your job (even your life) is probably in danger.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips