Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A child's word for a person's bottom.
buttocks, behind, backside, bottom, rear, rear end, seat, haunches, cheeks
- ‘We thought the alternative posture would leave a cleaner botty to have to deal with.’
- ‘Interesting too would be the expressions on the faces of MPs, like little boys with smacked botties.’
- ‘Quiet down or go play elsewhere, or mommy will spank your botty nice and red.’
- ‘I want that sweet little face of yours as smooth as your botty used to be!’
- ‘No more having to wipe the botties of pesky hacks.’
- ‘Oh, I almost forgot, wipe your little botty as well.’
- ‘Mrs Duck was horrified - not at the botty accident, but at the fact that a perfectly serviceable pair of trollies were flushed away in such a cavalier manner.’
- ‘Among the worst hazards of transatlantic rowing are botty boils and the hides will really help.’
Mid 19th century alteration of bottom.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips