Rock consisting of angular fragments of stones cemented by finer calcareous material.‘copious quantities of breccia’
- ‘It weights 751 grams and consists of breccia - sintered fragments of various minerals from lunar continents.’
- ‘Intrusive breccias can be the host for metallic ore deposits and aesthetic mineral specimens.’
- ‘Breccias are associated with mechanical weathering in regions of high tectonic activity.’
- ‘In some breccia zones the rock fragments exhibit partial melting and reaction rims.’
- ‘A volcanic or igneous breccia forms during eruptive activities.’
Late 18th century from Italian, literally ‘gravel’, ultimately of Germanic origin and related to break.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips