Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
nounmass nouninformal British
Money or profit gained by someone.
profit, earnings, income, advantage, benefit, reward, emolument, yield, return, winnings, receipts, proceeds, dividend, interest, percentage, takings
- ‘they can turn their hand to many jobs as long as there's a bit of bunce in it’
- ‘Let's hope the Spearmint Rhino Club appeals and she is stripped of her bucketful of bunce.’
- ‘Dmgt is paying big bunce to get into an online recruitment market currently worth £100m a year, around seven per cent of the UK's entire recruitment advertising.’
- ‘We did that once, lost all our bunce.’
- ‘Again, while its only right that the Child win some sort of award, it's curious that this is the one that they've given Beyonce the bunce for.’
Early 18th century of unknown origin.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips