Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1informal Expressing good wishes before drinking.
here's to you, good health, your health, here's health, skol, good luckView synonyms
- ‘‘Cheers,’ she said, raising her glass’
- ‘For the betterment of them we shall eat, cheers!’
- ‘But now we have and it should be read tongue in cheek and beer in hand - cheers!’
2British informal Expressing good wishes on parting or ending a conversation.
goodbye, farewell, adieuView synonyms
- ‘‘Cheers, Jack, see you later.’’
- 2.1Expressing gratitude or acknowledgement for something.
thanks, many thanks, thanks a lot, thank you, thank you kindly, much obliged, much appreciated, bless youView synonyms
- ‘Billy tossed him the key. ‘Cheers, pal.’’
- ‘The lads certainly appreciated your support - cheers!’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips