Relating to the lavishly ornamented late Spanish baroque style.‘a Churrigueresque church’
- ‘So intricate and so complex were Churrigueresque altars that few understand how the design was done.’
- ‘The term Churrigueresque denotes a style that is visually frenetic and exuberantly detailed.’
- ‘Designed in the Churrigueresque style, the ground floor is wrapped in a brocade of ornamental cast iron.’
- ‘The facade, depicting Christ and the 12 apostles, is one of the finest examples of Churrigueresque architecture in Mexico.’
- ‘This Cathedral was constructed in 1612 and the decoration of its interior, of a Spanish Churrigueresque style, is one of the main reasons to consider it as one of the most beautiful churches in Peru.’
Mid 19th century from the name José Benito de Churriguera (1665–1725), a Spanish architect who worked in this style.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips