Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A substance administered to poultry or cattle to retard the growth and reproduction of coccidian parasites.
- ‘Starter mash for chicks and poults usually has amprolium added, which is a coccidiostat.’
- ‘Several factors may cause an outbreak of coccidiosis, even if a coccidiostat is present in the ration.’
- ‘Broilers must not be given coccidiostats within a few days of slaughter for human consumption.’
- ‘The dried product containing the coccidiostat is admixed with the normal feed ration and fed to the animal.’
- ‘As a result of this contamination, residues of coccidiostats might appear in animal products like eggs or meat.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips