Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1British informal Insane.
mentally ill, severely mentally disordered, of unsound mind, certifiable, psychotic, schizophrenic
- ‘if Luke wasn't here I'd go crackers’
- ‘Don't go crackers this Christmas.’
- ‘Seriously impressed judges go crackers for Scottish cheddar.’
- ‘He had great promise as a young writer in Britain before he went crackers over the paranormal.’
- 1.1Extremely angry.
- ‘when he saw the mess he went crackers’
- ‘And who really went crackers last week when Howard winked at Beulah in the elevator?’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips