Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Ten million; one hundred lakhs, especially of rupees, units of measurement, or people.
- ‘All the other channels will be launching programmes giving away crores upon crores of rupees.’
- ‘Trust reigned supreme even in verbal deals worth hundreds of crores of rupees.’
- ‘Some of the screen printing units have received orders worth crores of rupees.’
- ‘It is not difficult to raise a few crores of rupees in one year.’
- ‘It is now common knowledge that thousands of crores worth of sandalwood is being plundered from our forests every year.’
From Hindi karoṛ, based on Sanskrit koṭi ‘ten millions’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips