Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The exchange of genes between homologous chromosomes, resulting in a mixture of parental characteristics in offspring.
- ‘Both predictions can be tested by examining patterns of gene conversion and crossing over in appropriately marked strains.’
- ‘Using these data, we investigate several alternative models of how gene conversion and crossing over may be associated.’
- ‘Recently, theoretical models have been developed that incorporate both crossing over and gene conversion.’
- ‘The frequency of aberrant chromosomes resulting from ectopic crossing over was decreased 6-fold.’
- ‘In this organism crossing over between X and Y chromosomes was shown for the first time in vertebrates.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips