Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Small pieces of toasted or fried bread served with a topping as a starter or canapé.
- ‘I wanted to make some kind of crostini (little toasts with a topping) because they are easy enough to assemble, they look pretty and they make a very satisfying finger food.’
- ‘Serve with crostini and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, if desired.’
- ‘Buy some jars of pesto and serve on crostini with mozzarella, goat's cheese or roasted vegetables.’
- ‘Toast slices for crostini up to 1 day ahead; cool and store airtight at room temperature.’
- ‘Top each crostini with 2 sliced figs and arrange on the rocket.’
Italian, plural of crostino ‘little crust’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips