Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1A quill pen made from a large feather of a crow's wing, formerly used for fine writing.
- 1.1also crow-quill penA small, fine pen for map drawing.‘Throughout his career, Millar remained true to the old school of cartoonists: All of his drawings were done with crow-quill pens and were hand-lettered.’
- ‘His technique includes two styles - a fine-line application using a crow-quill pen and a bold-line applied by mechanical pen.’
- ‘I use the ‘old style’ drawing tools: a crow-quill pen which is dipped into a bottle of ink and then scratched on the paper.’
- ‘I know what it takes in time and effort to fill that space with a crow-quill pen.’
- ‘After which they picked up their crow quill pens and resumed scratching away at the parchment ledger books.’
- 1.1also crow-quill penA small, fine pen for map drawing.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips