Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Either of a pair of ligaments in the knee which cross each other and connect the femur to the tibia.
- ‘Hyperextension can result in injury to the anterior cruciate ligament or posterior cruciate ligament.’
- ‘Those which took longest to recover involved the anterior cruciate ligament and knee cartilage.’
- ‘Primary stabilizers of the knee are the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments, the medial and lateral collateral ligaments, and the capsular ligaments.’
- ‘After having a scan, I have since found out that I've torn my medial ligament and ruptured my cruciate ligament as well.’
- ‘Rupture of the anterior cruciate ligaments is among the most common forms of knee injury, particularly among individuals who engage in sports.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips