Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A person who enjoys or is skilled at solving crosswords.
- ‘So, cat was ‘aaa’ (not to be confused with that bird beloved of Scrabble players and cruciverbalists, the a'a).’
- ‘For those cruciverbalists craving more, the American Crossword Federation will be host of a week-long Alaskan cruise in August with daily instructional seminars on puzzle-solving strategy.’
- ‘He is a well-respected cruciverbalist, whose puzzles have appeared in just about every major U.S. newspaper.’
- ‘In the idiom of the trade, Adams is a cruciverbalist.’
- ‘According to Hinman, each year, about 500 amateur, professional, and generally interested cruciverbalists show up at the tournament to compete in one of the five divisions designated A through E, five more divisions separated by age group, and eleven geographical breakdowns.’
1970s from Latin crux, cruci- ‘cross’ and verbalist.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips