Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A condition in which one or both of the testes fail to descend from the abdomen into the scrotum.
- ‘The condition, known as cryptorchidism, or undescended testes, is related to the increase in the number of lower sperm counts, declining sperm quality and infertility.’
- ‘They also reported that the incidence of testicular tumours, cryptorchidism, and hypospadias is increasing.’
- ‘Previous disorders of the testes, such as cryptorchidism or spermatic cord torsion, or a history of inguinal, scrotal, or retroperitoneal surgery, are associated with subfertility.’
- ‘All individuals had hypospadias, bilateral cryptorchidism, and evidence of mullerian duct derivatives, which was confirmed by laparoscopy.’
- ‘About 20 percent of testicular tumors in men with unilateral cryptorchidism occur on the side with the normally descended testicle; this finding supports the argument against indiscriminate removal of undescended testes.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips