Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Each of three axes used to define the edges of the unit cell of a crystal.
- ‘Ancient stonecutters could thus cleave it perpendicular to the crystal axis to produce hexagonal prisms of any desired length.’
- ‘Compensation requires a preselected crystal axis for each lens element.’
- ‘Some measurements are taken at different points along the crystal axis and in different conditions.’
- ‘When researchers chilled them and applied the right field strength, the electrons consistently chose one direction (with respect to the crystal axes) in which to dramatically maximize their conductivity.’
- ‘Coupling lenses with transverse crystal axes staggered by 60°, and coupling lenses with their transverse axes staggered by 90°, give similar reductions.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips