Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A small phylum of aquatic invertebrates that comprises the comb jellies.
- ‘In this study, the spectral reflectances of 29 mesopelagic and 37 deep-sea benthic species from seven phyla (Chaetognatha, Chordata, Cnidaria, Crustacea, Ctenophora, Echinodermata, Mollusca) were measured.’
- ‘They are found in many animal taxa including Ctenophora, Echiura, Sipuncula, Annelida Mollusca among others.’
- ‘Despite these attempts, relationships among Bilateria, Cnidaria, Ctenophora, Placozoa, and Porifera remain obscure.’
- ‘Presently, many species are highlighted for study because of their membership in Cnidaria, Ctenophora, Placozoa, or Porifera.’
- ‘Of particular interest in this regard are animals in the early diverging non-bilaterian phyla Porifera, Placozoa, Cnidaria, and Ctenophora.’
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek kteis, kten- ‘comb’ + pherein ‘to bear’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips