Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A long drink typically containing lime juice and rum.
- ‘In the past it may have been daiquiris, planter's punch or a Cuba libre, but today the undisputed king of the rum drink is the mojito.’
- ‘We tried daiquiris at El Floridita where they were invented, Cuba libres at La Bodeguita del Medio where Ernest Hemingway used to hang out and mojitos sitting at the Cafe de Paris.’
- ‘He orders a pina colada, I a Cuba libre, which arrives with the cola in a separate carafe.’
- ‘So, off to the motel bar where generous rounds of Cuba libres and beer expedited bonding within the group of 16 handpicked divers.’
- ‘Amanda couldn't wait to stretch out on the beach with a Cuba libre.’
American Spanish, ‘free Cuba’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips