Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A bid intended to give specific information about the content of the hand to the bidder's partner rather than to advance the auction.
- ‘In disturbed auctions, however, a cue bid at the first opportunity is always artificial.’
- ‘On the contrary, if she had a splinter bid, she would have a hand that cue bids in spades around 30% of the time.’
- ‘This is a cue bid of the opponent's suit after your partner has opened the bidding (for your side).’
- ‘If responder does not have a five card suit nor stoppers in opponent's preempt, he is forced to cue bid spades and your defensive contract becomes uncomfortably high.’
- ‘There have been many questions about cue bids, and many advancing players find them confusing since they are so context-sensitive.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips