Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
- ‘The cuneate fasciculus covers its nucleus and occupies the area immediately lateral to the gracile fasciculus.’
- ‘The more lateral cuneate nucleus has a wider fringe of fibers at this level - the cuneate fasciculus.’
- ‘On each side of the posterior median sulcus are two longitudinally running fasciculi, the gracile and cuneate, separated by the shallow posterior intermediate sulcus.’
- ‘Many Devonian species differ from Early Carboniferous species in having quadrate rather than cuneate brachials and in having straight-sided rather than zigzag arms.’
- ‘These specimens confirm that the arms remain cuneate distally up to the point where they are reflexed downward around the calyx, at which point they become biserial.’
Early 19th century from Latin cuneus ‘wedge’ + -ate.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips