Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The use of a curette, especially on the lining of the uterus.
- ‘No randomised trials were identified that studied the efficacy of carbon dioxide laser, surgical excision, curettage or cautery, formaldehyde, podophyllin, or podophyllotoxin.’
- ‘Cryosurgery or curettage and cautery is not recommended for recurrent tumours.’
- ‘Surgical removal with curettage is the standard treatment.’
- ‘Numerous methods of treatment are effective, but the most commonly used are cryosurgery, curettage, and excision.’
- ‘This usually is done using a procedure called suction curettage, under general anesthesia.’
Late 19th century from French, from curette.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips