Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A volcanic rock resembling andesite but containing free quartz.
- ‘The volcanic strata consist of sheet-like flows of andesite, dacite, basalts, and trachybasalts that are interbedded with agglomerates and tuffs.’
- ‘The belt comprises subalkaline andesites, trachyandesites, dacites, rhyolites, trachyrhyolites, and granodiorites, granites, granosyenites and monzonites, and developed along an active continental margin.’
- ‘Unchallengeable examples of what are assumed to have been beta quartz appear to be limited to occurrences in silicic volcanic rocks, such as rhyolite, liparite, and dacite.’
- ‘The lava dome is made of dacite, a fine-grained volcanic rock that contains a sprinkling of larger, visible crystals, like chopped fruit in a cake.’
- ‘The canyon is carved out of dacite, and there are some large trees with yellow and green leaves.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips