Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1(also dariole mould)(in French cooking) a small, flowerpot-shaped mould in which an individual sweet or savoury dish is cooked and served.‘set the filled darioles in the saucepan’
- ‘Divide mixture into creased moulds and bake for 30 minutes by placing the moulds (use individual dariole moulds or ovenproof ramekins) in a deep baking tray with at least one and a half centimetres of water in the bottom of the tray.’
- ‘Spoon into six lightly oiled dariole moulds or mini-pudding moulds, cover with cling film and chill overnight.’
- ‘Cut a round from each of six slices of bread, dip into the reserved juice, then place in the bases of either ramekins or dariole moulds.’
- ‘Pour the mixture into six very lightly oiled dariole moulds or 7.5cm ramekins, cover and chill for four hours or until set.’
- ‘Pass through a fine sieve and pour into four or six dariole moulds, putting into the refrigerator to set.’
- ‘Now press the mix into dariole moulds and chill in the fridge.’
- 1.1An individual savoury or sweet dish cooked and served in a dariole mould.
Late Middle English from Old French.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips