Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in the Roman Catholic Church) a day on which all are required to attend Mass.
- ‘What the Catechism in fact says, correctly cited by Haring, is that ‘the faithful are obliged to participate in the Eucharist on days of obligation unless excused for a serious reason.’’
- ‘Holy days of obligation are celebrated on the nearest Sunday so as to avoid inconvenience or the interruption of secular patterns of living.’
- ‘Saturday next is St. Patrick's Day and is a Holy day of obligation.’
- ‘It is both a precept of the Church and Church law that Catholics must worship God on Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation by participating in the Holy Mass.’
- ‘The conference of bishops can abolish certain holy days of obligation or transfer them to a Sunday with prior approval of the Apostolic See.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips