Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a metrical line) consisting of ten syllables.
- ‘Unlike Southwell's four other nativity poems, this one is written in decasyllabic six-ains, which we find frequently in his poetry.’
- ‘They should be ruled rather by accent than by mere beat, but in no case may there be a line or lines which cannot be read as decasyllabic without difficulty or hesitation.’
- ‘More precisely, you adapt a variation of decasyllabic meter, where your lines alternate between thirteen and seven syllables each.’
- ‘John Gurney said that what he liked about the decasyllabic line was that it could be made close to conversation but was yet ` something better than prose’.’
- ‘During his brief but turbulent life, he wrote some thirty lyric poems, as well as several in the decasyllabic tradition.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips