Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The player whose bid establishes the suit of the contract and who must therefore play both their own hand and the exposed hand of the dummy.
- ‘This player then becomes the declarer; the two opponents are the defenders.’
- ‘As with all contracts, an unsuccessful declarer loses twice the value of the game.’
- ‘The worst disaster for the opponents is to lead the ace of a suit of which the declarer holds the king.’
- ‘Once the trump suit has been named, the declarer exposes the top two cards of the deck.’
- ‘If either opponent has at least as many points as the declarer, the opponents win.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips