Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1An organism, especially a soil bacterium, fungus, or invertebrate, that decomposes organic material.
- ‘These organisms form the important class of decomposers within the food web, without which cellulose would continue to accumulate in the environment.’
- ‘Once an organism has died, be it plant or animal, the phosphorus is returned directly to the soil by the action of decomposers such as bacteria and fungi.’
- ‘Finally, decomposers are organisms such as bacteria and fungi that feed on the remains of dead plants and animals.’
- ‘Invertebrates are essential elements of every ecosystem - hey fill niches as herbivores, carnivores, parasites, and decomposers.’
- ‘The fungi are important decomposers and also exhibit a variety of interactions with living organisms.’
- 1.1A device or installation that is used to break down a chemical substance.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips