Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The stopping of fibrillation of the heart by administering a controlled electric shock, to allow restoration of the normal rhythm.
- ‘The group trained in CPR and defibrillation administered emergency treatment on 128 heart attack victims, and there were 30 survivors.’
- ‘This led to an investigation into ways of automating defibrillation so that defibrillators might be used by more people and, therefore, be more widely deployed in the community.’
- ‘Frank postulated that if the problem lay outside hospital, ventricular defibrillation should be corrected where it occurred.’
- ‘The question of whether incorrect paddle position is a cause of unsuccessful defibrillation of patients in ventricular fibrillation remains unanswered.’
- ‘Traditionally, emergency medical personnel were the only ones who could administer defibrillation.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips