Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
noundelegaciestreated as singular or plural
A body of delegates; a committee or delegation.
delegation, delegacy, legation, commission, committee, mission, diplomatic mission
- ‘Hopefully, under his leadership, the network and number of delegacies will expand and become still more active.’
- ‘The delegacy admired that Suzhou had made great efforts to the science prevalence in community and school.’
- ‘Vice-President Jiaan Cheng, and relevant professors, had a discussion and exchange with the delegacies.’
- ‘The city sent a delegation of men with the body, and they were met by a delegacies in Chicago who took his body the rest of the way home to South Bend, Indiana.’
- ‘Time passé away; my life of school teaching ended, to be followed by more than twenty years, not quite at an end, of school examining for the Oxford and Cambridge delegacies.’
- ‘Many inconspicuous moves to subordinate independent delegacies to Council have slipped through.’
Late Middle English from delegate, on the pattern of the pair prelate, prelacy.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips