Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A legacy which is directed to be paid from a specified fund or pool.
- ‘A general legacy, a demonstrative legacy, and a specific legacy represent the three primary types of legacies.’
- ‘If the fund out of which a demonstrative legacy or an annuity is paid fails, resort may be made to the general assets.’
- ‘Interest is generally payable from death on specific legacies, whereas a general or demonstrative legacy carries interest from the time at which it is payable (usually one year after the death)’
- ‘It is obvious that the statement is not a sufficient compliance with the requirements of our statute to constitute a demonstrative legacy.’
- ‘A demonstrative legacy is a bequest of quantity, i.e. - money, payable from a particular fund, but differs from a specific legacy in that if this fund fails the bequest may be satisfied out of the general assets of the estate as in the case of general legacies.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips