Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A one-volume dictionary of medium size.
- ‘A study was conducted in order to determine the usefulness of an American college desk dictionary used by English as a Second Language students when taking a vocabulary test.’
- ‘College or desk dictionaries in print, the most common type, are still easier to use, easier to read, and more convenient to reach than their electronic equivalents.’
- ‘Since then, the publishing company has sold more than 55 million copies and consistently set the standard for college-level desk dictionaries in this country.’
- ‘I also use desk dictionaries, which are mainly for students who find looking through a normal dictionary far too intimidating.’
- ‘It contains more words than any of the other major desk dictionaries; it is a good source for new words, as it is updated annually.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips