Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in Hindu and Buddhist practice) profound meditation which is the penultimate stage of yoga.
- ‘Buddhist art is dhyana, a meditation practiced by monks and artists alike.’
- ‘And of Rolf, he says, ‘It is not that he pushes his regular students into pranayama, dharana or dhyana after they have mastered the basic asanas.’’
- ‘Clearly we see ample evidence that the ancient seers considered it very important that the mind be cleared and prepared to fully experience dhyana and one of the most powerful tools in preparation for dhyana is mantra and pranayama.’
- ‘I have formulated a routine, which consists of asanas, pranayamas (breathing exercises) and dhyana (meditation).’
- ‘As mentioned earlier, Zen meditation has partial roots in dhyana, an altered state of consciousness that originated with yoga.’
From Sanskrit dhyāna.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips